Isn’t that fabulous?? Use FlexiRoam to make and receive unlimited phone calls when you’re overseas for only RM10 a day! That’s friggin’ cheap!
To make sure you know how cheap: my recent phone bill (without FlexiRoam) when I was in Bangkok showed a RM35 for one day of 7 inbound and outbound calls, with each call lasting no more than half a minute. Sweat.
How FlexiRoam works is:
(on the assumption you’re on DiGi roaming in Singapore)
- You buy a foreign SIM card with any telco, let’s say SingTel. Stick that into your phone
- To make an international outbound call, you’ve to send an SMS to a FlexiRoam number. Then they will connect the call for you. Don’t worry as all these instructions are available when you obtain your roaming pass
- The charges for you when you make a call from SG is the charge of an international SMS from your SingTel SIM
- The charges when you receive calls would be your local DiGi rates. If DiGi charges you 15 cents/min for local calls, that’s how much you’ll be charged when receiving your calls
- Your SingTel SIM will need to have enough credit for you to send international SMSes for each call to MY you want to make
All these for only RM10 a day! Pretty useful to have. Don’t worry if you’re a bit blur on how it goes, you’ll very soon get the hang of it.
Thanks to FlexiRoam, I have:
10x RM50 FlexiRoam credits to give away, woohoo!
Just because it’s the end of the year and all that, I’ll make this super easy.
Just drop me a comment on here telling me that you want a RM50 FlexiRoam credit.
So simple! 10 random blog comments win. Deadline: 2nd January 2012. Go on now!