I just upgraded my Nokia N95 to the new firmware. It is teh great and I really recommend everyone with the phone to upgrade, pronto. However it is essential that you backup everything before you attempt anything, else you’d be crying and I can’t help you with that.
Gallery seems to load a tad faster, which is a plus because previously it was kind of draggy. With the Flash Lite 3, Nuffnang ads now load on my N95 (where previously it was just a box with a ‘x’ in the middle) and YouTube videos are far more easily accessible. I went to YouTube on the web explorer, searched for ‘dead terrorist’ and was terrifyingly rewarded.
On the applications side: I also re-installed Gmail app and it loads a HECK lot faster now. As it is a function that I use frequently, I am rather happy about that. As I also use Bloove as a web update for my contacts and messages, I had to change the ID as per new firmware, but it’s ok. Another application that I always use is Twibble as a means to update my Twitter on the go. They have a new version so I had to update mine and it seems better.
Seems that there’s a new version of the PC Suite, but I read elsewhere that it kinda sucks so I am not touching that one yet.
Suanie’s wish list for Nokia N95:
- syncing for calendars other than M. Outlook and Lotus Notes. Mozilla’s Sunbird, anyone?
- auto-charge phone when connected via cable to laptop
- Nokia Video Manager not to crash on me most of the time
- WinLive app to work via Downloads. It’s not working for me, I don’t know why
- longer battery life. What? It’s a wish list, right?
- loudspeaker enabled as soon as the number is dialed (added at 8 p.m.)
Now I am going to look for more themes.
p/s: I think I have about a week’s more use of the N95. After that I will be the proud owner of the N82. Heheh, details to come.