What I have been doing:
– Closed my RHB bank account because it has been dormant for years. No problems there, except the part where I almost LOL-ed after seeing the person behind the counter wearing this badge saying, “Bank ROMPAK Bonus Kami!”. Later as I went to several other banks, I realised that it’s not limited to RHB, but rather a union thing. Cute.
– Opened a new Maybank account, then discovered that I have another dormant Maybank account, which I apparently had opened in 2001 at the Puchong Jaya branch. This is MOST befuddling, as I have totally NO recollection of ever opening a savings account with Maybank. But the details were undoubtedly mine, circa 2001 that is. Still got like RM50 in the account also. So I have to drag myself all the way to Puchong Jaya to close it. Oddity balls.
– Had lunch with Jaime yesterday at D’lish, sister of Delicious. I had a cupcake…
Almost too pretty to eat…
Okay here’s the thing with me and cupcakes:
1) I’ve never liked cupcakes
2) There’s been a surge of demand for cupcakes recently, and many bloggers posted photos of beautiful cupcakes
3) Some of the cupcakes are too damned pretty to be eaten!
4) Viral marketing + pretty-fication of cupcakes = me yearning for cupcakes
5) So I bought a cupcake
6) And found out that I still do not like cupcakes.
Summary: me = sucka.
– Went to Starhill this morning to collect my two FREE tickets to watch ‘TUNKU, THE MUSICAL’, courtesy of YTL. Yays! The thing I hate about Starhill is that they name all the different levels with friggin’ VERBS! Whatever happened to good ol’ numerical values?!
– Since I was in the vicinity and it was around lunchtime, I drove a short distance to Jln. Nyonya to have siu yok fan. Turns out that the dude doesn’t sell his femes siu yok until 12.30 p.m. so I had to wait 15 minutes for ‘opening time’. Meanwhile a kakak working there boasted to me of their employer’s excellent siu yok, and the hard work of constant poking the meat that goes into the preparation that commences at 8.30 a.m. every working day. At 12.45 p.m. my siu yok fan was served to me…
So awesome I could die!
Snapped a photo of the owner too:
The one who pokes the meat everyday
– Took my car for servicing, yadda yadda yadda.
– Had my eyebrows threaded. Ouch.
– Bought a copy of Mastika. I love that shit.
– Had my car washed by hardworking foreign workers. And just so you know, it is raining now. It’s a conspiracy against me owning a clean car, I tell ya.
– Attending a farewell party tonight.
– Going to nap for a bit now. Byes!