Astro has some seriously kick-ass advertisements, the more recent ones are the ads on Astro Max, like why you need a PVR (personal video recorder) etc.
One of the Astro Max ads was about this housewife who loves watching Chinese drama series. You know how these soppy series go; they drag on for a long time, at a minimum of 20 episodes for each title.
One day the housewife finally had some time to catch up with her favourite TV show, and was laughing at some hillarious parts. Then suddenly her son jumped onto the couch, took the TV remote and switch the channel to sports.
She looked damn sad.
Another time, the housewife was cooking in the kitchen, and peeking at the TV through some hole in the wall or something. Then suddenly her daughter jumped onto the couch, took the TV remote and switch the channel to Channel V.
The housewife looked damn sad.
The husband saw all this, and was damn sad also, and the next day surprised his wife with Astro Max. The housewife of course was damn happy. And then there was family harmony la da bi da la.
If this was a real life situation, then I’d say the husband got damn sad for the wrong reasons.
Instead of buying the Astro Max, he should have:
1) Scolded his children damn kau teruk because they so biadap
2) Scolded his children damn kau teruk some more because they so unfilial
3) Scolded his children damn kau teruk another time because they don’t care about other people’s feelings
4) Scolded his wife for not scolding the children there and then
5) Scolded himself for letting things get this far.